Thursday, August 10, 2017

Some say put your Phone away and talk to the people around you and that equals RESPECT.

I feel that Respect is letting people do as they please.

If someone is not inspired to talk to you then why make them or guilt trip them. People know what they want or would rather be doing. In my "day" as they say, the "Adults" would say that about my book, put the book down and show respect.

Thing is I could hear all conversations, read, talk when I heard something of interest and remain INTELLIGENT and respectful. A Book nor a Cell Phone actually tunes people out of what they really actually WANT to be tuned into.

To me RESPECT is about letting people do what they want as long as it does not stop YOU from doing what you want. And if what you want is their eyes focused on you so you know you are being heard, well that's about you and not them or their level of RESPECT.

To me it is not RESPECT to MAKE someone pay attention to you instead of do as they want, as their Free Will Chooses. It's like making someone like you or forcing them to look at you, when they most likely can still hear you and interact with things around them. Just because they are looking at their phone does not mean they don't hear you, see you, or Respect You.

Live and Let LIVE.


~Reverend Crystal Cox